1. YOUR AGREEMENT
These Terms govern your use of PIKMYKID. Please read them carefully. They impose legal obligations on you. By using PIKMYKID’s services or accessing our Site, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood the Terms and agree to be legally bound by them.
2. DISCLAIMER/RELEASE OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF PIKMYKID IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER PIKMYKID NOR SACHI LLC, OR ANY SACHI LLC AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES (hereinafter collectively referred to as “PIKMYKID/SACHI”) WARRANT THAT PIKMYKID WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF PIKMYKID, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH PIKMYKID.
PIKMYKID IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PIKMYKID DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION APPEARING ON OR PROVIDED BY PIKMYKID. PIKMYKID DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT IS FREE FROM VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
PIKMYKID TAKES REASONABLE MEASURES TO ENSURE THAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF PARENTS AND THEIR CHILDREN IS NOT DISCLOSED, EXCEPT TO EDUCATIONAL PROFESSIONALS, SO THAT THEY MAY USE PIKMYKID. PIKMYKID CANNOT AND DOES NOT, HOWEVER, GUARANTEE THAT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION ENTERED BY PARENTS WILL NOT BE MISAPPROPRIATED, INTERCEPTED, DELETED, DESTROYED OR USED BY OTHERS. PARENTS AGREE NOT TO HOLD PIKMYKID/SACHI LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY SORT INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ANY SUCH MISAPPROPRIATION, INTERCEPTION, DELETION, DESTRUCTION OR USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH PIKMYKID.
PIKMYKID/SACHI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE PIKMYKID. IN NO EVENT SHALL PIKMYKID/SACHI BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE PIKMYKID. IN CONSIDERATION FOR USING PIKMYKID, I AGREE TO WAIVE RELEASE AND DISCHARGE PIKMYKID/SACHI FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH, DISABILITY, PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE, ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OF PIKMYKID/SACHI.
IF AT ANY TIME, YOU SUSPECT OR ARE CONCERNED THAT:
- PIKMYKID is not working properly;
- You do not understand how to use PIKMYKID and/or are not sure you have transmitted or received the proper information;
- For Parents: Information regarding your child’s pick-up information has not been properly transmitted to the school;
- For Educational Professionals: The student dismissal information generated by PIKMYKID does not appear to be consistent with what you have typically seen and/or may have errors–
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONFIRM THE CORRECT PICK UP INFORMATION WITH THE PARENTS/SCHOOL AS THE CASE MAY BE.
3. CODE OF CONDUCT
As a condition to your use of PIKMYKID, you agree to follow our Code of Conduct, set out below. Under this Code of Conduct, you:
- Agree to be the sole, authorized user of your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user name and/or passwords used for accessing PIKMYKID, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify PIKMYKID of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. Should you authorize any third party to use your account, you hereby agree to supervise all usage thereof.
- Agree to provide accurate, timely and complete information to us in connection with your use of PIKMYKID. PIKMYKID is not responsible for any claims relating to any inaccurate, untimely or incomplete information provided to us. “Your Information” is defined as any information you provide to us through PIKMYKID. You are solely responsible for your Information, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Information.
As a condition to your use of PIKMYKID, you will not:
- Use PIKMYKID in a manner that could disable, overburden, or impair PIKMYKID or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of PIKMYKID.
- Seek to obtain access to any materials or information through “hacking” or through other means we have not intentionally made available to you through PIKMYKID.
- Access PIKMYKID using a username/password that was improperly obtained and/or which you are not authorized to use.
- Submit material that is intentionally false, defamatory, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing.
- Transmit materials through PIKMYKID that you know or should know contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
4. REVOCATION OR SUSPENSION OF USE PRIVILEGES
We reserve the right at any time to terminate or suspend your use of PIKMYKID if you engage in activities that we conclude, in our discretion, breach our Code of Conduct.
5. POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that PIKMYKID is not intended or designed to attract or be used by children under the age of 18. PIKMYKID is intended for people 18 or older. PIKMYKID will not knowingly collect any information from children under 13. Parents, please monitor your children’s use of the Internet, PIKMYKID app and do not share your PIKMYKID username/password with them to ensure that they do not intentionally or accidentally use PIKMYKID.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The information and content of PIKMYKID, including but not limited to: software, artwork, text, video, audio, copy, graphics, images, logos and other information, other than content provided by schools and advertisers, is owned by SACHI LLC and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws under both United States and foreign laws. Any use of the information and the content on PIKMYKID not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to SACHI LLC
7. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold PIKMYKID/SACHI LLC, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
9. MODIFICATIONS TO PIKMYKID
PIKMYKID/SACHI LLC reserves the right in its sole discretion to review, improve, modify, shut down, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, PIKMYKID or any content or information on PIKMYKID. PIKMYKID/SACHI LLC will advise you by notice on the PIKMYKID login screen no fewer than fourteen (14) days in advance if it intends to shut down PIKMYKID for more than 24 hours and/or discontinue PIKMYKID, either temporarily or permanently. You agree that PIKMYKID/SACHI LLC shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification or discontinuance of PIKMYKID.
- These Terms shall continue to survive even after you no longer continue to use PIKMYKID.
- PIKMYKID/SACHI LLC may assign its rights and obligations pursuant to these Terms without prior notice to or consent from you. You, however, may not assign your rights or obligations pursuant to these Terms.
- The headings in these Terms are for convenience and reference only. They shall not limit or otherwise affect in any way the meaning or interpretation of these Terms.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Florida without respect to its conflict of laws principals. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with PIKMYKID/SACHI LLC, or in any way relating to your use of PIKMYKID, resides in the courts of Hillsborough County in the State of Florida and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Hillsborough County in the State of Florida in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving PIKMYKID/SACHI LLC or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors or agents.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- No waiver of any of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
11. COMPLETE AGREEMENT
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement at any time. If our privacy statement changes, we will post the revised privacy statement on our website. If you have questions about this statement or need additional information regarding our privacy practices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Information We Collect and How It Is Used
We collect information about you when you use PikMyKid, including, in the case of the parents using the service: first and last name, childrens’ first and last name, email address, name of school, primary and secondary pickup names, grade, means of going home and any other information provided by you or your school to PIKMYKID. For instance, your school may in some instances provide us with your bus route number or teacher.
We may also collect general non-identifying information about you, including but not limited to demographic and geographic information of our users and schools. Although we do not share any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address) with third parties, we may share this general non-identifying information with third parties. An example might be that we would indicate to our sponsors/advertisers that we have “X number of elementary schools in the State of Florida, representing X number of households, using the PikMyKid tool.”
Your school and/or PikMyKid may also place advertisements on the home page (www.pikmykid.com) and your PikMyKid app screen. We collect information on who clicks on these advertisements, the school they are affiliated with and the time/date the advertisement was clicked. Although we collect this information, we do not provide any personally identifiable information to third parties, including advertisers. We may, however, tell an advertiser that their advertisement was clicked on X number of times, during a certain time period, in a certain geographic region.
We use the information you provide us to provide the PikMyKid services. Specifically, we will communicate the information you provide to us regarding your child’s pick-up information to their school.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you via e-mail to determine whether you are happy with our services and/or send you customer satisfaction surveys. We may also contact you by e-mail to advise you of offers, promotions or other information from our sponsor companies. You retain the ability to “opt out” of such e-mail communications by following the opt-out procedures in the email. (You will not be able to opt out, however, of viewing sponsor information that may appear on the PIKMYKID webpage.)
By accepting use of PikMyKid’s services, you expressly understand and agree that PikMyKid may provide information about your child(ren) to both parents of the child(ren) (and/or legal guardians of the child(ren) as the case may be), regardless of the relationship or custody arrangements between the parents and PikMyKid/SACHI LLC expressly disclaims disclosure of information to such sources.
Editing, Updating, Correcting and Deleting Your Information
Parents: To edit, update or correct your information, simply login to PIKMYKID app click on the kid’s details to update the information or add new kid information for the same school or different school where you are primary parent.
School administrators: To edit, update or correct your information, simply login to PIKMYKID portal, school admin section or school management section and update your information. If you need additional support, please email email@example.com. Please note that any requests to remove or update your personal information through our email support may take up to ten days.
We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. We do not knowingly permit anyone under the age of 13 to use PikMyKid. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13 without their parent’s consent. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children’s online activities and use parental control or other filtering technology to supervise children’s access to the web or apps on your smartphone.
Links to Third Party Sites or Apps
If you have questions about this statement or need additional information regarding our privacy practices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.