The VP of Sales position is responsible for planning and implementing marketing and sales strategies towards the K-12 market. They will mentor, inspire, and motivate the sales department to increase the productivity and effectiveness.
Who You Are
You are smart, tenacious, personable and empathetic. You enjoy selling and understand technology products and willing to learn the K-12 market. You’ve demonstrated success in achieving or exceeding sales quotas, building and growing a stellar sales team. You’re a pro at forging new relationships and are a great communicator. You want to be part of a company that is committed to making a real difference in schools across the country and making our children much safer at schools. You enjoy building and growing high performing sales team with proven sales methodologies you will develop through a hands-on approach. Above all, you are a winner and motivate your team to excel.
Who We Are
We are an Ed Tech Start-up company www.pikmykid.com based in Tampa Fl with great traction and recognition. Our company consists of a small group of high performance individuals who are all entrepreneurial in their outlook with vested interest in PikMyKid’s success. This will be a unique ground level opportunity to establish and grow a national sales network for a great proven product and make it a household name in the next 2-3 years. We are fully funded Startup with a proven, product currently filling a niche requirement in the Ed-Tech space. The upside potential of joining a startup company is tremendous and such opportunities do not present themselves often. PikMyKid, over the past two years has won various national and international awards and recognitions and is on a stellar growth trajectory.
- Recruit and build a killer sales team based in the Tampa Bay Area….Quickly!
- Nurture, motivate and build relationships with your sales team to increase revenue per lead in a short order.
- Respond to qualified lead inquiries while creating a sustainable process for follow up and establish metrics for performance for team members.
- Define sales tactics and sales strategy and clearly lay it out for the team to visualize.
- Very comfortable with existing CRM systems and using a data based approach to growing sales performance..
Sales Specific Experience
Must be comfortable in cold calling, networking, preparing sales pitches, proposal writing, account management, revenue and margin responsibilities, customer satisfaction (retention and growth.)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- An Entrepreneurial outlook is a must.
- Experience with selling SAAS and tech products.
- The ability to network and open prospects in the Ed-Tech, School Security and School Transportation fields.
- Functional knowledge around school’s student information systems, school transportation systems, public school district’s procurement process, and CRMs.
- 5+ years of sales experience with a major Tech company, selling ideally to pre-k- 8 school districts(not necessary), and preferably a technology, communication or security based product.
- Proven success in high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to uncover client needs and propose solutions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Track record of goal attainment in selling or providing customer service.
- Proficient use of computer software, specifically sales planning, forecasting and tracking tools, such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, speaking, writing, and presenting skills.
- Limited ability to travel overnight – approximately 10%.