Your dismissal process is what we like to call, a Fixer Upper.
Before you get discouraged, you should know that a majority of schools have been running dismissal using the same tools for decades. The fact that YOU are curious about ways to make it more streamlined and safe means you’re headed in the right direction!
As the Fixer Upper Dismissal Process:
- You want to find an organized way to dismiss students quickly and safely after school.
- Your current process is using outdated tools causing wasted time and unnecessary stress for your staff.
- You’ve got room for safety mishaps, like students possibly going home with the wrong person or not knowing where students are meant to go after school.
When it comes to turning your dismissal process from chaos to calm, you’ll want to consider a few categories like…
- Which tools will help you optimize time and energy
- Who are all the players involved
- How channels of communication can make or break the experience
- And don’t forget, SAFETY! SAFETY! SAFETY!