Home-made Flu Treatments
October is the start of the fall. During this time of the year, children are more likely to get the flu. The best the way to prevent flu is to get vaccinated by your doctor each year. Though vaccinations prevent many strains of the flu, there is still a possibility your child can contract the flu. I wanted to share some of my favorite home remedies that did the trick for me with little down time.
Child has a sore throat.
- Swallow about 1 tbsp. of freshly squeezed beetroot juice onto a tablespoon. Repeat every 2 hours for a couple of days.
- Gargle 1tbsp of hydrogen peroxide with 1/2 glass of hot water. Repeat mixture every 2 hours for a couple of days. You will feel better after a couple of times.
When you have a cough.
The best way to recover from cough is to drink a lot of tea during the day. I normally drink one cup of tea every hour. There are different recipes of drinks:
- Mix 1 cup black tea with 1 tbsp. of raspberry jam.
- Mix 1 cup black tea with 1-piece lemon and 1 tsp of honey
- Mix 1 cup of very hot milk with 1 tsp of butter and 1 tsp of honey
If the cough is very strong you can also use mix of 1 tsp of freshly squeezed onion juice and 1 tsp of honey. The taste may not be the best but the effects make all the difference in the world.
I wish you all stay healthy and enjoy marvelous fall!