Hurricane Season is Here
Hurricane season is upon us. You will need these quick tips to keep your children safe in and out of school if a weather emergency arises.
- Be sure you know the evacuation routes ahead of time
- Contact the school and ask them if they have a hurricane preparedness kit, you should have one of these at home as well: this kit would include things like food, water, light sticks, waterproof matches, emergency blankets, and a first aid kit.
- Stay tuned into local weather reports checking how far the hurricane is and whether an evacuation is necessary
- Prepare supplies for at least a few days in case your home or school goes out of power for an extended period of time
- Keep in contact with teachers, and if you can, with your child
- Make sure your school has implemented a system in which teachers can send notifications directly to parents, this is extremely important during emergencies
- Stay calm, if you are calm your children will be as well