Many school districts are offering free meals to students in need during school closures. But these have some problems. Our free meals pickup express is designed with frontline staff safety and social distancing guidelines in mind. We have features built in to allow you to manage your meal pickup line effectively.
Wifi-enabled devices are the only tech requirement for our meals pickup express.
You need internet access on the devices you use at all locations. This connection enables you to walk around your meal pickup line and stay updated on any WiFi-connected devices. Using Meals Pickup Express, parents stay inside their car while the staff delivers the package to each car. Facilitating frontline staff safety and social distancing.
You can set up your Free Meals Pickup Express in 3 Easy Steps:
Configure your free meals pickup express by typing in the name of your school/meal pickup site eg. “East River Elementary School”.
Once you have your meals pickup site named, choose the length of your car line. The car line is the length of your active loading line. If your car line usually has 100 cars, but you only load 8 cars at a time, then you should use 8 for your car line length.
Finally, you will click on the “Create Line” button.
That’s it! You should be good to go to start your meal delivery for each car while parents stay inside the car. You can start adding parents to the car line by keying in:
- “name-number of meals”
- “number of meals-allergy”
- “number of meals”
- ex: “Suzzane-2” or “Suzzane-2-peanut” or “2”
Scroll to the next section to view some tips and tricks to get the most out of the Free Meals Pickup Express.
Or you can click here to start using the free Meals Pickup Express now!
Here are some additional tips and tools you can utilize to get the most out of your free Meals Pickup Express.
This line contains cars that are being actively served by the staff
This line contains cars that have been moved there because there is some additional request for meals. Eg. verification of the guardian’s identity or meals with specific allergy requirements is missing, etc.
These lines contain information on the upcoming cars in the car line. Making organization and readying meals for delivery easier.
You Can View The Free Meals Pickup Car Line in Multiple Displays
- On the main car line display click the “More Displays” button. The window shown here will appear.
- You can use the email address boxes to share the line with other staff via email, or just take your device and scan the QR code for the appropriate car line.
- There is a view-only line and an editable line.
- It is recommended that you use the view only car line to display in your meal readying area.
- The editable car line should be used on any device used to insert or remove cars from the car line.
Share the Free Meals Car Line Portal
One of the best features to aid a safe meal pickup is the power to share your tools! The ideal line set up would be:
- A member of the frontline staff inserting cars into the car line. They will be adding cars to the car line either by typing or by using the speech to text feature, eg: “Suzzie-2 meals.” These enable you to quickly add vehicles instead of using the normal notepad and/or walkie-talkie.
- A staff member monitoring and viewing the car line on their device to keep meals organized in the order of the cars in the active carline and next carline.
- Frontline Staff at the delivery point will deliver the meals after validation. These staff members can do 1 of 3 actions for each car:
- Dismiss each car individually to confirm delivery.
- Dismiss all cars in the active loading line to batch the queue.
- Move cars to the hold line to deal with any exceptions prior to dismissing the vehicle.
Like using our Free Meals pickup Line version?
If you like using our Free Meals Pickup Line you will love our full school dismissal system! Our full system provides higher security and even more efficiency.
You’ll enable social distancing during the school dismissal time with personalized logins, a free parent application that eliminates physical interaction or phone calls about dismissal changes, parent phone notifications, and more.
Schedule a short demo to learn how the full PikMyKid system can help you securely manage the entire process of dismissals while practicing social distancing– from buses to after-school programs to meal pickup to learning packet distribution, and more!